Our team of professional Greenlandic translators
- Our team of translators and editors are native speakers of English, Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian, providing translation services into more than 10 Icelandic language pairs.
- We always select the best linguist for your type of text. Our language experts specialize in different fields including travel, legal and finance, so we can pick the right fit for you.
- Our experienced linguists are able to advise which documents you may consider translating in order to comply with different legal or regulatory requirements.
- We use the latest CAT tools to create dedicated glossaries for our clients, enhance consistency and manage the entire translation process.
- Do you need assistance with a different language service? We don’t stop at translation, we provide other services including interpreting and video translation.
About the Greenlandic language
Greenlandic is part of the Inuit languages spoken in Alaska, Canada and Greenland. It is divided into three dialects: West Greenlandic, East Greenlandic and Thule Greenlandic. West Greenlandic is the official language in Greenland, along with Danish.
Greenlandic is a ‘polysynthetic’ language, which means that words are formed with a root, one or more affixes and a suffix. It has long and very descriptive words, such as Eyjafjallajokull – probably the most well-known Icelandic volcano after the 2010 eruption -; this word consists of three separate words: “eyja” (island), “fjall” (mountain), and “jokull” (glacier). Like other languages they can use a lot of creativity to create new words, for example, the word “computer” is qarasaasiaq (artificial brain).
We drive your message to the north and back
If language barriers are preventing the promotion of your products or services in Greenland, or you need to communicate in a different language, you’re in the right place. Get in touch and we will find the best solution for you.